Attract Twitter followers you want: 5 simple steps
If you haven’t already figured out Twitter, it can be a really confusing social media platform. Is it for news? Entertainment? Is it just a bunch of robots? I’ve spent the past two months learning Twitter extensively, and now 1/4 to 1/2 of my daily website traffic comes from this social media platform. Over a period of 30 days, I grew my Twitter following from 300 to 3,000+, and that has led to the increase in traffic. In this article, I’ll show you how to attract the Twitter followers you want through these 5 simple steps.
1. Twitter is different from all the other social media platforms because the main driver for growth is one idea – Follow for Follow. If you follow someone, it’s likely they’ll follow you back if they’re active on Twitter and trying to grow their account.
2. On Twitter, it’s not expected that you know someone before you follow them. Unlike Facebook and LinkedIn, people are meeting new people every day – all the time – on Twitter. So, it’s not weird or unexpected when you follow someone. Following them is the easy way to get on their radar and let them know you’re there.
3. To grow your following, follow the followers of the people in your industry. If you work in marketing, follow other marketers. If you’re an entrepreneur, follow other entrepreneurs or people entrepreneurs see as Thought Leaders in their specialty.
4. Once your ratio of following/followers gets too high, Twitter won’t let you follow any more people. At this point, you can use tools like ManageFlitter.com, Crowdfireapp.com, and Unfollowers.com. Unfollow the people that haven’t followed you back, starting with the oldest first.
5. Consistently put out quality content to your Twitter followers by using Buffer.com. Provide information that is interesting to your audience, and they’ll start to engage with you. Buffer is by far the easiest tool for scheduling tweets in advance, and it’s simple to re-post tweets by using the re-buffer function.
Remember the main goal for this strategy is one thing – we want to build your company’s revenue by using Twitter to drive behavior. The only way to do that is to attract targeted Twitter followers. Follow these 5 simple steps, and you’ll be well on your way to attracting the Twitter followers you want.
Would you like an in-depth, step by step process to use yourself? Would you like to see these ideas in action, and learn exactly how to turn these strategies into a system? Check out my class – How to Use Twitter to Generate Sales in Less Than 30 Minutes Per Day. If you’re too busy yourself, this class is great for a staff member or Virtual Assistant. Just have him or her follow the tutorials from the class and start generating sales with Twitter today.